TEXAS TITANS TEAM GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
To provide the best possible coaching at each level, and to give each player the opportunity to excel.
To develop volleyball fundamental skills and advanced techniques. The club will provide the best possible coaching staff to develop our player’s basic individual games and team fundamentals, to compete at the highest level.
To provide a positive experience
To promote good sportsmanship and character, by having coaches who exhibit strong leadership qualities. We intend to develop these important athletic qualities in all of our players.
To provide exposure at the colligate level and opportunity for a scholarship.
Volleyball is a TEAM sport. It is based on individuals striving to obtain one common goal. Each athlete must be committed to their team as much as themselves. Volleyball is a sport that is 30% physical and 70% mental. There is nothing that should interrupt team morale. This sport is purely about “the TEAM” and everyone should be committed to that.
Practice how you will play – always practice competitively Challenge yourself and others, the only way to improve is to try harder
Show Respect for your coach and teammates at all times
Hustle at all times – that includes shagging balls -
Expect to work hard and give 100%, 100% of the time
Learn to take constructive criticism and work to fix the problem
Support others all the time – it’s a team sport
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM YOUR COACH:
- Leadership and training necessary to achieve team goals
- Push you past your limits
- To expect and accept only the best
- To be treated with respect
- Dedication to your success
- Inspire confidence
- Set an adult example
- Support the coaches
- Be positive with your child
- Support for all of the players on the team
- Represent Texas Titans Volleyball Club in a positive manner
- Club volleyball season runs through May. National’s or late tournaments are in June or July, so make your summer plans accordingly.
- Each team may practice 2-3 times per week.
- Metro teams will compete in 10-11 in state tournaments.
- Travel teams - attend 3 Qualifiers, 2 out of state and 1 in Texas. They will compete in 10-11 tournaments.
- Each player should attend every practice in order to gain the most from their club experience.
Listed below are policies established. Joining Texas Titans Volleyball Club is a privilege and by joining our club, parents and players willingly agree to the items listed below. If any of these items present a problem for you, we ask that you reevaluate your decision before joining our club.
WE DO EXPECT OUR PLAYERS TO BE SERIOUS ABOUT THEIR COMMITMENT TO THE TEAM. THE COACHES, THE OTHER PLAYERS, AND THE IMPROVEMENT OF THE INDIVIDUAL AND THE TEAM, ALL DEPEND ON A HIGH LEVEL OF COMMITMENT.
Any age group has the right to attend additional tournaments at the decision of the coach.
POLICY ON PLAYING TIME:
- Playing time is determined by the coach in order to satisfy the team objectives and positions. You are purchasing practice time with the team and will receive training to enhance your overall game. We encourage you as an athlete to communicate with your coach to establish goals for your personal objectives.
- Texas Titan’s philosophy is practice and training is where players receive the most instruction and experience as individuals and as a team. Missing practices or tournaments will affect your playing time as decided by the coach for their team.
- Texas Titans offers NO GUARANTEED playing time or position. Players and parents must be satisfied with the opportunity to train.
- Coaches are allowed the flexibility to make necessary changes as a team develops.
RESPECTING COACHES DECISIONS AND DISCUSSING ISSUES:
- Coaching DECISIONS are the SOLE responsibility of the coach.
- Specific match decisions about who plays when, subbing, and the amount of time given any athlete on the court is the result of a complex decision determined by the coach’s evaluation of an athlete’s skill ability, attitude, position and overall make up of the team.
- The coach is not required to defend his or her thought processes or decisions, and it is improper and unacceptable for a parent to request a coach, or the club to do so.
- Under NO circumstances during practices, matches, tournaments, or other club activities is a coach, club administrator, or any other club personnel to be approached or confronted with a complaint from a parent.
- If there is a player concern regarding playing time, team rules, or team play, it is advised that the player discuss the concern with her specified team coach. If the problem is not resolved, then a discussion with the parent, player and the coach shall occur. If the problem continues, we will set up an appointment with the player, parent, coach and director.
- Must be cleared with the coach before the absence occurs. Messages may be left on the coach’s voice mail or a note may be given to the coach – messages should not come from friends. An excused absence consists of an illness: coach must receive call from a parent, emergency: coach must receive call from a parent, or interscholastic activities that is reasonable.